The President of the Parliament Mr. Trajko Veljanovski announced the Local by elections for Mayor of the Municipality of Saraj on the 4th of October 2011. On the 13th October 2011, the State Election Commission has conducted a session and enacted the time plan on this election process. The elections were scheduled on the 18th of December 2011.
These elections are announced due to the fact that the up to date Mayor, Mr.Blerim Bexheti, was elected member of the Parliament in the Early Parliamentary 2011. Later on Mr. Blerim Bexheti was nominated and voted for Minister of Justice within the Government of R Macedonia formed after the election process was finished.
To contribute towards transparent electoral process for Mayor of Municipality of Saraj through non partisan observation of the election process.
- Monitoring and reporting on the conduct of the participants/candidates in the pre-election campaign;
- Nationwide recruitment, training and deploying of the volunteers – observers
- Monitoring of the E-day;
- Monitoring of the possible re-runs and second round of the elections;
- Monitoring the work of the State Election Commission and Municipal Election Commissions;
- Informing the public on the findings.
Period of implementation
December 2011 – January 2012
This project is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands